Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

    Literal
      Log of specific hours with a total and a description of your duties updated on the right hand side of your blog
      Contact Name and Mentorship Place.

Done. 

    Interpretive
     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

I suppose the most important thing I gained from this was the ability to think about things differently and also the skills to be a more effective, if not apt learner for cases of having to prepare on very short notice or even preparing a year or so ahead. I also learned some new skills along the way that can help me better prepare classical music for a performance, especially since I have plans to one day perform in an international piano competition. I could also say I gained more self confidence that of what I had, as I have been known to be quite hard on myself as I am a perfectionist for when it comes to being a serious musician. 

   Applied
     How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  Please explain.
What I have done has helped me answer my EQ because it helped me explore numerous methods of practice, different periods of music (and different genres outside of senior project with fellow musicians in the senior class), and has also given me plenty to research and question aside from everything I already knew or had an idea of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment