Saturday, January 4, 2014

Blog 10: Senior Project, The Holiday

1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you over the break with your senior project?

I practiced for two hours every day on one single classical piece, and three hours at night on another piece. I researched a little bit about history of a composer who was new to me, went by the name of Moritz Moszkowski, who was a 20th century composer. 


2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why?  What was the source of what you learned?


My original goal was to apply to Juilliard. However, I realized I wasn't being realistic, as I didn't prepare my pieces in time for audition deadlines. What I learned from this was to always maintain good time management with everything I do, especially performance pieces, so that I didn't have to be stressing about learning a piece fast enough.


3.  If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers of your EQ, who would you talk to and why?


I would most likely speak to a well rounded pianist such as my inspirational figure, Martha Argerich. Though realistically I may never get to interview her in person, I would go to her specifically because she has been a professional concert pianist who has played with many chamber orchestras around the world for most of her life and because I feel she would be able to best answer most of my questions that relate to my essential question with her personal experiences in performing classical music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment