Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer Mentorship

Summer Mentorship



1.  My first ten hours were completed at the San Dimas Music store during private lessons with my instructor every Tuesday ranging from an hour to an hour and a half lessons.

Summer Mentorship Hours

 2.  Contact
 Stacey Ulmer:
 (626)991-0242  


3.  Questions
  • What kind of career can I do with piano?
  • Is it possible to apply my musical knowledge to something else like therapy or physics?
  • Will this field provide a stable job for me whether or not I have a degree?
  • Will working in a music field pay me well enough?

4. The most important thing I gained from this experience was approaching many new ways of learning techniques, pieces, and how to play in time effectively by adopting new methods of thorough study through trial and error. I also learned how much effort must be put into practice for classical pieces, as well as how much time. For the most part, well executed performances don't take a day or less to perfectly master. It takes a lot of dedication, observance, time, practice, and repetition to master a technique or certain piece to near perfection, especially in the case of major concerts or college auditions.


5. Initially, learning the dynamics of piano helped give me an idea to pick a music topic. Since I really had no other options, and only had two other people who are also musicians that were readily available, I decided to go with something along the lines of music. Initially, I wanted to do music education, but found it to be a broad yet vague topic since it can include a variety of different things, and decided to go with something more specific, like piano. I chose to stay with piano because I feel that it will help me improve majorly this year with performance as well as even passing auditions with schools such as NYU, USC, Juilliard, and many other notable music schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment